Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre, one of the greatest entertainment venues in the world. Whether you’re a veteran concertgoer or if this is your first visit, Denver Arts & Venues would like to share a few reminders: Pack an extra layer of clothing or a jacket because the weather can quickly change from a perfectly sunny day to a windy, cold thunderstorm.
Guests should plan on arriving early to allow ample time for parking and walking to the amphitheatre, as well as passing through security. Other helpful hints include wearing comfortable shoes and drinking extra water due to the park’s altitude of 6,450 feet. Enjoy the show!
Visit our Permitted/Prohibited Items page for more information.
Tailgating must be confined to the rear of your vehicle and not interfere with the parking of other vehicles. Due to the risk of fire, open flame fires and charcoal grills are prohibited. Small gas-controlled grills are allowed unless there are temporary fire bans in effect. Effective January 1, 2019, the possession and consumption of fermented malt beverages or malt liquor (beer) and vinous liquor (wine or champagne) is permitted in the park. Beer kegs, hard liquor, vending, glass and large quantities of alcohol are still prohibited and State Laws still apply. Violators are subject to ejection and possible citation.
Leaving the amphitheatre and re-entering is only permitted in weather related or medical emergencies. If you have a request for re-entry, contact an event staff supervisor prior to leaving.
Red Rocks Amphitheatre shows typically occur in all weather conditions. However, in the event of a weather delay or cancellation, check the website at redrocksonline.com, call 720-865-2494, check social media (@RedRocksCO on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) or text "RR (your message)" to 69050. In the case of severe weather, you may be instructed to leave the venue - you will need your ticket for re-entry after the severe weather passes. In most cases, your vehicle is your safest shelter, as Red Rocks Amphitheatre is an outdoor venue.
The sale, transfer and use of marijuana and marijuana products at Red Rocks is illegal. While recreational marijuana is legal under specific circumstances in the state of Colorado, it is not legal to consume marijuana in public. Public usage may result in citation or arrest. Please respect the law and those around you by refraining from using marijuana during your visit to Red Rocks. Those who are bothered by marijuana use in the seating area should contact uniformed guest services personnel or security personnel for assistance. We encourage you to text "RR (and your message)" to 69050 to report any concern so staff can be dispatched to assist you. For more information and FAQs on Colorado's recreational marijuana usage, please follow this link.
Open alcohol beverages are not permitted in the parking lots. Violators are subject to ejection and citation. All forms of glass are prohibited in the park. Beer and wine are sold at most events in the amphitheatre. Guests who wish to consume alcoholic beverages at Red Rocks must have ID showing proof of age 21 or older. Any person observed drinking alcoholic beverages without proper ID will have his/her drink confiscated and be subject to age verification and possible ejection or citation. Intoxicated guests may be denied entrance to the amphitheatre and/or detained for further evaluation. Select a non-drinking driver and visit the Designated Driver booth at the top of the amphitheatre. Please drink responsibly
View our Accessibility page.
Visit our Parking page for more information.
A Guide For How To Have A Rockin’ Experience At Red Rocks Amphitheatre
YOU are empowered! While Red Rocks Amphitheatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience, YOUR behavior determines the experience for yourself and for others around you.
We welcome your help in our efforts! If the behavior of a patron or patrons around you becomes disruptive or violates the Fan Code during a concert or event, please report it immediately to the nearest staff or security personnel. To do so discreetly, simply text "RR (and your message)" to 69050 and a staff member will be dispatched to assist you. Those in violation of the Fan Code may be ejected, ticketed or arrested (and that’s no fun for you or for us).
As a guest at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, YOU are expected to:
- Follow all venue rules. Please read our policies prior to your visit and do not attempt to bring prohibited items into the venue. Respect and adhere to special policies from the artist or tour. Occasionally performers require unique restrictions. These requests will supersede Red Rocks Amphitheatre’s standard rules.
- Be aware of your behavior. Your decisions and actions impact those around you. Allow fans of all ages to have a positive experience and please refrain from inappropriateness and profanity.
- Respect everyone. Be the fan that others want to be around. Do not engage in fighting, pushing others or crowd surfing.
- Smoke ONLY in designated smoking areas. There is absolutely no smoking of any kind in the seating area. Cigarette and e-Cigarette smoking is permitted in only designated areas along the outside rail of the outside North and South stairs.
- Drink Responsibly. Event staff reserves the right to and will deny entrance or eject impaired or intoxicated guests or underage drinkers in a prompt and safe manner.
- Only occupy your ticketed seat. Seat saving is NOT ALLOWED and occupying a seat other than your own is prohibited. You may be asked to present your ticket when determining seat rights.
- Be where you are supposed to be. Do not attempt to enter restricted areas or get on stage.
- See something, Say something. Report disruptive or suspicious behavior immediately to staff or by texting "RR (and your message)" to 69050.
- Follow directions from staff. They are your resource for information regarding venue operations, rules and emergency procedures.
- Leave the glass at home. Do not bring or use glass bottles or products on the roads, in the parking lots, park or venue. Glass is a problem at Red Rocks Amphitheatre and it’s simply not an appropriate place for it.
- Keep items at and under your seat. Do not throw objects or liquids in the audience or at the stage. Refrain from setting down drinks and other personal items behind you.
- Be responsible for your gum. Not only is it unsightly to visitors, but improperly disposed of chewing gum has damaging effects on the benches, concrete and rocks. Please dispose your gum in a waste receptacle.
- Be a window, not a door. Do not block the vision of those behind you with banners, posters or umbrellas. It can be difficult to determine whether you should stand or sit during an event, so please observe the behavior of the majority of those around you and act appropriately. Ponchos are permitted, available for purchase and are encouraged in lieu of umbrellas.
- Let others hear the performance. If you notice dirty looks or can hear yourself over the performer, please reconsider the volume of your singing or talking.
- Refrain from vending. It is illegal to sell food, alcohol, tickets or any other items in the park and in the venue. Violators will be ticketed and/or removed from the premises.
- Have fun! With your help, we can provide a unique and memorable experience for fans at Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
Visit our FAQ page to learn more.