Skip to main content

Art & Exhibits

Public Art at Red Rocks

Denver’s Public Art Program was established in 1988 as an Executive Order under Mayor Federico Peña. The order, enacted into Ordinance by Denver City Council in 1991, directs that 1% of any capital improvement project over $1 million undertaken by the City, be set aside for the inclusion of art. Over the past 30 years these artworks, along with the historic and donated works of art, make up the City’s Public Art Collection, including pieces at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre. A few examples of public art at Red Rocks are below. To learn more information about Denver Public Art, visit denverpublicart.org.

Walk the Rocks

Walk the Rocks by artist Judith Trager is located in the Visitor Center. The piece, completed in 2003, is a actually a textile made of woven fibers.

The Park of the Red Rocks, 1932

The Park of the Red Rocks, 1932, is by artist Stephen Batura. This casein on canvas painting was completed was added to the Denver Public Art collection in 2003 and is located in the Red Rocks Visitor Center.

Red Rocks Park

Red Rocks Park is an oil on canvas painting by artist Joellyn Duesberry. It was added to the collection in 2003 and is located in the Visitor Center.

Exhibits at Red Rocks

Check back for more information as exhibits are added to the Visitor Center.