Vehicles will not be allowed to enter the park after 7:30 p.m.
During our fitness events on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in July and August, access to the amphitheatre will be restricted to the Top Plaza only. Only ticketholders will be allowed access to the amphitheatre’s seating area and adjacent stairs.
Hiking and Biking
Red Rocks Park is a Denver Mountain Park with a variety of trails located within the park.
The Geologic Overlook Trail, Trading Post Trail, Funicular Trail and Mt. Vernon Creek Trail are restricted to pedestrians only. Trails are located approximately 6,280 feet above sea level, so guests with health conditions may wish to consult a doctor before attempting the hike. If children are joining the hike, please provide supervision as some areas of the trail include drop-offs, steep grades and road crossings. The majority of all trails are less than 3 feet wide. Rock climbing is prohibited. Hikers should be prepared for adverse weather conditions as the weather can change very quickly.
- The Trading Post Trail is 1.4 miles in length, making its way through spectacular rock formations, valleys and a natural meadow. Some of the terrain is rough, so hiking boots/shoes are recommended.
- The Red Rocks Trail runs through the east side of the park and is a multi-use trail for hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking. There is a connecting trail from the Lower North Parking Lot to Red Rocks Trail. The trail splits with one segment going north to connect to Jefferson County’s Matthews / Winters Park and the other segment goes east to connect to the Dakota Ridge Trail. The Red Rocks Trail continues to Matthews / Winters Park, creating a dramatic 6-mile loop. The trail connecting to Red Rocks Trail and Red Rocks Trail to Matthews / Winters Park are the only trails in the park that bicycles are permitted on.
- The Funicular Trail is a short, steep trail that connects the Upper North Lot with a small parking area along Trading Post Road. The trail follows the route of an incline railway, or ‘funicular,’ that carried tourists to the top of Mt. Morrison to enjoy the views.
- The Mt. Vernon Creek Trail is 1 mile in length, following the creek for a short distance before making a turn towards the Lower South Parking Lot where it connects to the Trading Post Trail. Nice views of the amphitheatre can be had along the trail as it travels through the meadows above the creek.
- The Geologic Overlook Trail is a short, moderate trail located in the Northwest corner of the park. Take Plains View Road to the Geologic Marker & Picnic Shelter for a short hike leading to beautiful views.
Park Rangers patrol the park to assist visitors, provide information and enforce park rules. To contact a Park Ranger, call 720-913-1311.
Red Rocks Amphitheatre has become a popular site for runners and those looking for a challenging workout at 6,400 feet. We ask that your activities do not negatively impact the enjoyment of others or contribute to structural damage to the venue. Thank you for helping to keep Red Rocks a beautiful and peaceful place by respecting our unique natural resources.
When working out at Red Rocks, please keep the following in mind:
- Access to the amphitheatre is subject to scheduled events.
- Amplified music is not allowed; please limit the enjoyment of music to personal earphones.
- Exercise equipment that obstructs access to stairs, benches and other areas that could cause damage to the venue or injury to others is not allowed.
- Climbing or hanging on venue structures is prohibited.
- No rock climbing or off trail use, violators are subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Please refrain from using the Top Plaza and other landings or walkways for exercise activities.
- Exercise groups may not exceed 10 members at any time and should practice physical distancing.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. Please be responsible for cleaning up after your pet and yourself.
- Commercial signage is not allowed.
- By trademark law you may not reproduce the Red Rocks logo or represent any unauthorized affiliation with Red Rocks Amphitheatre or Park.
- Absolutely no vending of food or merchandise in the amphitheatre or parking lots.
- Setting up tables and booths is strictly prohibited.
- The amphitheatre is monitored 24 hours per day, seven days per week by security personnel to provide assistance and enforcement of amphitheatre rules.
Special events of any type, including but not limited to musical performances, arts workshops, workouts and other group activities must be registered, insured and licensed according to City of Denver and Red Rocks Amphitheatre policy and must follow guidelines regarding security, venue access and other guidelines. Group events of 10 or fewer people per Colorado’s Safer at Home order are permitted on specific days/times as posted. Ticket sales for these events are not allowed.
Amphitheatre rules are subject to change. For general information call 720-865-2494.