Permitted / Prohibited Items
Welcome to Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Please enjoy your visit while respecting other visitors, the unique environment and precious rocks that define Red Rocks. Your activities must not negatively impact the enjoyment of others or contribute to any damage to the venue. Use caution and remember that you are visiting at your own risk.
- Access to the amphitheater is subject to scheduled events. Ticket may be required for admittance.
- Amplified music is not allowed (unless permitted by the venue); please limit the enjoyment of music to headphones.
- Exercise equipment that obstructs access to stairs, benches and other areas or that could cause damage to the venue or injury to others is not allowed.
- Climbing or hanging on venue structures is prohibited.
- No rock climbing or off trail use, violators are subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Pets are welcome during non-event hours. By law, you are required to leash and clean up after your pet.
- Setting up tables, booths and signage (commercial or otherwise) is prohibited.
- By trademark law, you may not reproduce the logo or represent any unauthorized affiliation with Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre.
- The use of skateboards and rollerblades is prohibited.
- Private vending is prohibited, which includes, but is not limited to, the sale of merchandise, food, beverages, and tickets.
- Remote controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) are prohibited.
- Leaving stickers and art in the park or amphitheater is not only prohibited, it is considered defacing private property and is a crime
- Glass bottles or other containers are strictly prohibited in the park and in the amphitheater
- Groups using park trails or picnic areas with 25 or more participants will need a special use permit. Email [email protected] for more information.
Exercise groups using the amphitheater:
Friday - Sunday: May not exceed 10 members
Monday - Thursday: May not exceed 20 members
Unrestricted large groups (Sunday only):
April 1 – October 31 (8 – 10 a.m.)
November 1 – March 31 (9 – 11 a.m.)
Exercise activities are not permitted on the Top Plaza or Visitor Center Patio.
The Amphitheatre is monitored 24 hours per day, 7 days per week by security personnel to provide assistance and enforcement of amphitheater rules.
Re-entry not permitted except for designated emergencies and severe weather conditions
Permitted and Prohibited items can be show specific and are subject to change.
PERMITTED ITEMS (Possessions must fit under patron’s designated seat 18” x 12”)
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less), unless prohibited by the show; some shows may require the removal of lids upon entering the Amphitheatre.
- Empty, reusable water bottles e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Soft-sided coolers, six-pack size (10" x 7" x 7" or smaller)
- Cloth bags, soft packs (12” x 17” x 12” or smaller) including backpacks
- Food for personal consumption only; food must be in a clear plastic bag (one gallon or less), fruit and vegetables must be sliced, plastic utensils only
- Blankets, must not extend beyond your ticketed seating area (max size 40" x 60")
- Stadium seats and seat cushions (must be under 18" wide, cannot have legs)
- Personal cameras without removable lenses, unless prohibited by show
PROHIBITED ITEMS (Violators are subject to citation and ejection and items are subject to confiscation)
- Liquids in non-factory sealed containers
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana and illegal drugs*
- Glass bottles/objects or beverage cans
- Laser pointers
- Hard-sided coolers
- Audio or video recording devices, GoPros, 360-degree cameras, and cameras with removable lenses
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
- Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles)
- Bullhorns and noisemakers
- Aerosols (e.g., hairspray, sunscreen)
- Framed backpacks
- Strollers of any kind
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Hula Hoops
- Animals (with the exception of service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Poi (e.g., sticks, rope, balls)
- Remote controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)
*In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for concertgoers, there are policies and procedures in place at Red Rocks to restrict drugs of all types from entering the venue as well as their use, distribution and sale. However, the following procedures are in place to accommodate patrons requiring the legitimate use of prescription medications while attending an event:
- Patrons should only bring the quantity of medication needed for the duration of the show; please leave excess medication at home or in your vehicle.
- Prescription medication must be in the original prescription container with the patient's name and dosage listed on the label.
- At entrances, venue medical staff will verify the medication and name on the label match the actual medication and patron's identification.
- Patrons with more medication than is necessary for the duration of the show will be asked to return the excess medication to their vehicle. In instances where this is not possible, the medication will be stored with medical staff in the first aid room at the South Ramp entrance or disposed.
Smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited in the seating area (including e-cigarettes and vape pens).
Designated smoking areas are located along the rail of the outside stairs. Violators are subject to ejection.
Tailgating must be confined to the rear of your vehicle and not interfere with the parking of other vehicles. Tents and canopies are not permitted. Due to the risk of fire, open flame fires and charcoal grills are prohibited. Small gas-controlled grills are allowed unless there are temporary fire bans in effect. Open alcohol is prohibited in the park, and it may be confiscated. Violators are subject to ejection and possible citation.
For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions are subject to inspection as a condition of admittance. Upon arrival to the gate entrances, please have your bags open and available for inspection. Red Rocks management reserves final decision on items brought into the venue. Intoxicated patrons may be denied admittance to the amphitheater.
Red Rocks Amphitheatre rules are subject to change.
If you have questions or concerns on the day of the show, text "RR" (space) and your message to 69050.
For additional guidelines on how to enjoy your visit at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, please visit the Red Rocks Fan Code on the Concertgoers Guide page!