Denver Film Society and Arts & Venues Denver are pleased to announce the 2012 Film on the Rocks line-up. Presented by Pepsi, the 13th season will offer 10 events throughout the summer featuring cult-favorite films, live bands and a stand-up comedy set.Purchase Tickets
"Film on the Rocks has become the Front Range’s annual summer ‘it’ event," said Britta Erickson, festival director for the Denver Film Society. "Hanging out under the stars with friends and listening to great bands and watching some of the most memorable films at the iconic Red Rocks is an extraordinary experience."
The season unspools on Monday, June 4 with “a case of the Mondays” featuring Film on the Rocks fan favorite, OFFICE SPACE, and culminates on Monday, August 20 with the now traditional tribute concert followed by a music documentary as Film on the Rocks says goodbye to Beastie Boy, Adam Yauch at a screening of AWESOME, I F*IN’ SHOT THAT!
Last year, more than 1,000 FOTRockers (Film on the Rocks fans) voted for their favorite Coen Bros film to be included in the season. The Dude abided and even attended! This year, fans will get their say again by voting for one of three Steven Spielberg films to screen on Monday, July 16. Will it be CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND (celebrating its 35th Anniversary), E.T. (the original version on a newly struck 35mm print in celebration of its 30th Anniversary) or JAWS?
“Peak Experience” ticket packages return again this season for the ultimate Film on the Rocks experience. For each show guests can choose to roll like a VIP by selecting the Party Bus VIP ticket or the Trading Post Pre-Party VIP ticket. Both VIP ticket options include free food, drinks and preferred seating in the amphitheater.
Film on the Rocks is a collaborative production of the Denver Film Society and Arts & Venues Denver and was created to provide an affordable opportunity for the community to enjoy films and live entertainment at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. The first film screened in the program was Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather. In 2011, more than 63,000 people attended Film on the Rocks events. The 2012 Season is presented by Pepsi.
Pepsi presents FILM ON THE ROCKS 2012 SUMMER SCHEDULE:
• Monday, June 4 – OFFICE SPACE with The Moderators and Otone Brass Band
• Monday, June 11 – IRON MAN with The McRae and Force Publique
• Monday, June 18 – TROPIC THUNDER with A Tom Collins and Ishe
• Monday, June 25 – THE NOTEBOOK with The Dunwells
• Monday, July 2 – WAYNE’S WORLD with School of Rock National All-Stars
• Tuesday, July 10 – BRIDESMAIDS with Land Lines and CougarPants
• Monday, July 16 – “Spielberg Fan Favorite” with Joe Sampson’s “Kill our Friends”
• Monday, July 30 – ANCHORMAN with Take To The Oars
• Monday, August 13 – SPIRITED AWAY with Meiko
• Monday, August 20 – AWESOME; I F*IN’ SHOT THAT! with School of Rock and Special Guests in tribute to the Beastie Boys
Time: Doors open at 6:30 p.m., bands begin at 7 p.m. and movies start at dusk
Tickets: $12 General Admission (higher on day of show at Red Rocks Box Office).
$35 and up for VIP Peak Experience packages.
Convenient Print-at-Home Tickets available at www.denverfilm.org or at all King Soopers outlets.